Blood Warrior, known in Japan as Ooedo Fight, is a 1993 fighting arcade game developed by Atop and published by Kaneko. It is the successor to the 1992 fighting arcade game, Shogun Warriors, also developed by Atop and published by Kaneko. Unlike Shogun Warriors, Blood Warrior uses digitized images of real actors within the game instead of traditionally drawn sprites, and its addition of blood and gore draws similarities to Midway’s Mortal Kombat franchise.
There are nine playable characters. Like its predecessor, the Japanese version contains original voice samples, while the North American and Worldwide versions were dubbed in English for some characters.
- Kinshirō (金四郎) – Based on Samurai from Shogun Warriors.
- Arashi (嵐 (“storm”)) – Based on Ninja from Shogun Warriors.
- Ikkyu (一休) – A ksitigarbha.
- Kasumi (霞 (“haze”)) – A kunoichi.
- Sanpei (三平) – A kappa.
- Syogethu (秀月), also known as Shigerutsuki – Resembles Shogun from Shogun Warriors, but his actual occupation is a samurai.
- Shishimaru (獅子丸) – Based on Kabuki from Shogun Warriors.
- Benkei (弁慶) – Based on Saitō Musashibō Benkei, but has a different look compared to himself in Shogun Warriors.
- Goemon (五右衛門) – Based on Ishikawa Goemon.