Superior Soldiers, known in Japan as Perfect Soldiers is a 1993 fighting arcade game developed and published by Irem. It was created during the fighting game trend of the 1990s that began with Capcom’s Street Fighter II. Several graphic designers of this and several other Irem titles later moved to Nazca, and designed the graphics of the Metal Slug franchises for SNK.
- Star Savior (known outside Japan as Starsaber; however the back of the North American arcade flyer spells his name as Star Sabor.) – The protagonist character of the game.
- Arabian Moon – A female fighter dressed as a scantily-clad dancer.
- Meltdown – A nuclear human remodeled with a built-in battery.
- Broadway (known outside Japan as Cattydox) – A female strip dancer.
- Bushidoh (known outside Japan as Busido) – An armoured male samurai.
- Dinosaur (known outside Japan as Reptilian) – The dinosaur with a personality that isn’t violent.
- Evil Talon (known outside Japan as Satinsect) – A mutant that has been turned into a human-consuming demon.
- Seleous (known in North America as Skull Reaper) – The antagonist of the game. Upon defeat, an entity emerges from its body identifying itself as Bydo, a reference to the antagonist of Irem’s R-Type series.